Well, well, well. Who doesn’t know Himura Kenshin here? I think that at least 80% of the world’s population know Kenshin Himura from the comic and anime, entitled famously as “Rurouni Kenshin.” Rurouni by the way means “Wanderer”.
What does the movie title suggest?
- Ru is a Japanese verb which means “to wander”
- Ronin is a Japanese term which means “masterless samurai”
To put it simply, Rurouni Kenshin basically means “Kenshin the Wandering Samurai” or “Kenshin the Masterless Samurai”.
Into the Movie
The movie isn’t released yet, at least not now. But we’re all looking forward to it, aren’t we? I’m not a big fan of the Rurouni Kenshin anime before, in fact, I couldn’t remember the entire story. I think that my older brother and sister were fans of it, I’m just a so-so. Anyway, when the first movie of Rurouni Kenshin came out on year 2012, I was left amazed and dumbfounded. The first movie of Rurouni Kenshin was literally good, especially the graphics.
Ever since I watched the first movie, I grew fond of it. I said to myself, “Ah, this movie should have a part two! That would be awesome.” Well, look at that, Rurouni Kenshin indeed has a second part–isn’t that amazing? This sequel is one of the most awaited sequels in year 2014 and we’re looking forward to it, aren’t we?
According to the official page of Rurouni Kenshin, the movie release would be this coming August 1, 2014. I don’t know however if the release would be done internationally, or if they would just release the movie in Japan. I pray hope anyway that it will be available locally, nationwide, and internationally.
What I expect to happen in this movie:
- Kenshin would draw out his sword and kill again
- Quite dramatic, especially between Kenshin and Kaoru
- A possible death for Kenshin/Battosai
- A possible illness for Kenshin at the end of the movie (as far as I know Battosai acquired an illness towards the end of the original story)
- Or a possible cliffhanger and move on to the third movie <cool>
- Lots of fighting scenes and lots of blood and sliced people <oh my>
- Excellent graphics and fighting choreographs
- Excellent sword skills
- Freak enemies Shishio is>
Well, I bet the first release would be purely Japanese, which is of course lots of us couldn’t understand. Even I only know a little of Japanese. Anyway, English translation and English subtitles for Rurouni Kenshin Kyoto Fire would soon come out after the movie release, so I will wait patiently until then. Haha.
You can watch the official trailer of Rurouni Kenshin Kyoto Fire here: